View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2014, 11:12 AM   #14
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb502 View Post
Here are the bullet points:
  • I am not blinding people.
  • There are methods to reduce the glare from a passing vehicle with unusually bright low beams or with high beams on.
  • I dim my high beams when appropriate to prevent unsafe situations.
  • I learned from my night time bicycle riding experience that there are some situations where intentionally shining a bright light at the face of another vehicle operator improved my safety and prevented right of way violations.
  • I am competing for attention with other road users that are shining bright/glaring lights into the eyes of the same drivers whose attention I am trying to obtain.
  • In the video above the safest lighting configuration for me and other road users was high beam on.
Each bullet point is taken in series from the paragraphs of the 801 word post you said was too long and you didn't read, so if you disagree with a bullet point you could just read the corresponding paragraph for my discussion of it.
It is simple and self evident.
@subxero has it right. You do not want to be splitting between blind POed drivers. You are asking for trouble. I know I will not convince you. New riders should not think this is safe.
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote