View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2009, 02:57 PM   #31
ScorpionNinja
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by executor View Post
i haven't read anyone reference this but for me the squeek is only apparent during warm days, 20 degrees celcius +. on cold days there is no noise. on warm/ hot days the noise from the front wheel is directly associated with speed. it's extremely annoying and no matter what i do i cannot fix it.
Have you taken it to the dealer, had them look at it? If not.. do so (unless you got Tools and are good as a mechanic) Have them check the TORQUE on the Front wheel Axle Nut... some bikes (like mine) came WAAAY OVER TIGHTENED from the factory! (they just use a Impact gun on them) If it doesnt stop it, yes WD-40 will help out, and only lasts 100 miles or so. But like you said... in 1 type of Weather climiate (warm or cold) i forget which it did to me... does make the Noise more often or only! I used WD-40 2x over 200 miles... that was weeks ago, and since then ive put like 1000 miles on my bike this month and havent heard it anymore! (i think it happens more often during the Colder temps, or in morning to work) The Rubber outter front wheel bearing SEAL... will shrink in colder temps, and cause that annoying SQEEEEEK! the same could be said for Hotter temps, with HIGH humid %.... like in the summer your House DOOR 'STICKS' when you try and open/close it? the Humid weather might Warp the SEAL just enuff to cause the SQEEEEEK! just use WD-40 on it... and after after times and 200+Miles.... (after your front axle nut is tightened to CORRECT SPEC) it should be gone for good! Unless it sounds more like METAL to METAL grinding/SQEEEKing... in that case, ill bet your front wheel axle BEARINGs themselves are Toasted and need to be replaced!

hope this helps
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote