View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2009, 07:04 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

No guarantees, but it's unlikely that there will be any significant changes between the '09 and '10 model other than colors, if even that. The last generation went almost 20 years before any significant mechanical changes. Far as I can tell, the only difference will be financial. When it comes to selling the bike in a few years, one with a later model year will theoretically be worth a smidge more. But actually, with a ninjette it doesn't really matter that much. Once it's 3+ years old, it seems those with the same mileage keep the same value from 3 - 7 years old anyway.

If you're taking the MSF now, I'd urge you to find a way to get on a bike pretty much immediately afterwards. Every week that goes by afterwards without you practicing what you just learned means those skills are getting more and more stale. My wife didn't get her own bike until about a year after her MSF, and it was pretty much like starting over at that point from square 1. I bought my first bike in between the 1st and 2nd MSF weekends, and it was much easier to immediately start practicing and learning what I needed to know right away.

If it will take a few months for your dream bike to come in, there's nothing stopping you from spending $2K-ish on the next clean pre-gen ninjette that shows up on Craigslist, and selling it for that same $2K if you either want to change it out for a newer ninjette once it's available or even a different bike at that point.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote