View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2009, 08:22 PM   #21
BlueRaven
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

Well got the carrier. Took over an hour to figure how to assemble this thing as it came with no instructions. Looked on the website to see how it was all tied up. All i have to say i would NOT recommend buying the Boss Hitch Mounted Carrier.

Here are my reasons. I have to admit it is well built. Once i had the bike on which took 3 ppl, one to hold 2 to push it up we noticed a problem. We had to lean the bike away from my vehicle as the exhaust would not clear the beam where the ramp pins to the frame and the foot peg that i forgot to pull in cause i was on the other side of the bike. The foot peg scratched the frame of the carrier not mention the rubber of the bottom of my peg got ripped. Once tied down every thing looked ok. Notice my brake disk was barely touching the metal where the wheel goes in. The piece at the end turned unexpectedly and my wheel dropped in. Another thing i noticed after the wheel dropped is that the bottom of my fairings was resting on the ramp.

Tricky part was when i got home. I was by myself and should of known that the worse was yet to come. Had loosened the tie down a bit to lean the bike for the muffler to clear then had to pull the bike up to take weight of the pin the bike started leaning to the left and i caught and noticed one of the tie down came off. Retighteded it. Brought ramp down ok. Tried to get wheel off the hole but was too hard so i jumped on my bumper lifted the bike off the hole with my hand on the front brake and noticed the bike was backing up pretty fast and started leaning as the front tire almost reached the ground then dropped it. Will have to take a better look at the damage tomorrow as it was dark but noticed the part that my foot peg is attached to broke clean off and not too mention scratches on my left fairing. The kickstand seemed off so i figure the piece it's attached to got bent too. The moral of this story don't do anything by yourself. Twice the bike dropped and i wasn't even on it both times. Forgot to take pics but did take some of the broken piece.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0719092334a.jpg (72.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 0719092334b.jpg (77.7 KB, 15 views)