Old April 14th, 2014, 10:52 AM   #14
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefft View Post
Not quite understanding the feathering the clutch rec. I always have fingers on the clutch and brake and was in 2nd to ensure I wasn't going to bog down in the turn. I'm thinking I was too close to the inside line, pushed the inside bar a bit too much to lean, and may have been too generous with cracking the throttle. I was definitely looking up at the next curve up. Looks like body position is the key for me here?

Have to admit, hearing that scrrrrrgnkkk!! while going 10-15 miph was pretty unexpected.
The fact that you are questioning on what feathering the clutch has to do with any slow speed maneuvers including uphill hairpins, tells me you don't know how to use the clutch to its fullest. Someone asked this question awhile back and I gave a detailed explanation of the technique and benefits but I'm not in the mood right now to think that hard.

As for dragging hard parts, that's improper riding style or simply put bad body position. Quickest way to judge you body position is from a third person perspective so get one of us fellow NorCal peeps to go for a ride and we'll give you some advise.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote