View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2014, 06:33 PM   #5
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedNinjette View Post
So my boyfriend took my bike out for a little test ride. The only thing negative he had to say was the brakes are not
...At least comparing it to his bike.

....So what would be some good affordable upgrades? I know there's a lot of options out there...

I don't plan one going on the track with the bike, just commuting and weekend pleasure rides.

What have you guys done, or what would you suggest?
It's not fair trying to compare the brakes on the Ninja 250/300 to a supersport bike. They are in 2 different leagues, namely in design and purpose.

Honestly there are not as many options as you may think. There's really only a hand full that have been tried and tested and proven to be worthy.

For what you plan to do with your bike, the stock set up will work just great. Just ask anybody who's locked up their stock brakes and went down because of it. However there is always room for a little improvement.

Stainless steel brakes lines will always offer better braking power and longevity compared to the stock rubber hoses.

Slightly better than stock rotors and pads coupled with he SS brake lines make for a very good upgrade. Easy to do, affordable, available and proven.

Calipers are another story. There are optional calipers available, and some riders have even done custom installations of different calipers. The downside is there may or may not be adequate support services offered with some of these items.

Check this website out for options that are available outside the U.S.
http://japan.webike.net/ps/#!p.m=6444&p.c=1010&p.sk=1
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote