Old April 21st, 2014, 05:54 PM   #30
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgcable View Post
That's an interesting comment. I can understand you not liking a cruiser/Harley but how can they possibly go against everything you love about motorcycles? It doesn't make sense. If it wasn't for Harley and Indian there wouldn't even be motorcycles.
I ride a 250r because its really fun. I also have a $25,000 custom Harley and that's fun too. When I want to be flashy and take my wife out and make lots of noise or go on a long trip I take the hog. When I want to enjoy the purest sense of motorcycling I take the Ninja.
They're not fast per size in that no matter how big the motor the things barely break 110mph. ninja 250 is also slow but it's a 250, they just can't be fast at that size.

They have total **** brakes yes the ninja 250 also has **** brakes but not mine

They can't take a corner any better then a clapped out honda civic missing half it's lug nuts.

The overall appearance has remained very close to it's classic origins and I have zero appreciation of almost anything classic whether it be a bike, car or music.

So with a harley lacking any of the practical things "I" look for in what I deem makes a motorcycle a motorcycle, I just seem to see them as $25,000 devices of over compensation. For me who started riding bike on the track motorcycles are a symbol of cutting edge technology.

So to each his own and I won't ever criticize a total stranger on their ride, you have to be a good friend before I tear into you for buying a harley
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote