Old April 25th, 2014, 06:15 PM   #128
kbryant
Area P

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Too many to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsrTek View Post
Thanks, for that info ...
I am aware that the fuel moto (at least) is needed ... However, that does not answer my question on if the fuel moto is needed if you going to flash ECU.
Flashing should, to my limited understanding, be a bigger improvement than the Fuel moto device.

As for installing it, this is kinda getting me annoyed now...
I never said I was going to install it and run the bike w/ an aftermarket exhaust and not have the Fuel Moto or an ECU flash done at same time of install.

My old 250, and I purchased the jet kit and exhaust at same time, as I knew that was needed and ONLY option.
Not sure why I keep being quoted, as if I stated I intended to run the bike w aftermarket exhaust and no A/F adjustments made

As to what I intended to reply to initially...

I understand wtf I am doing, the GB is for exhaust, to save money on that, NOT to save money on the Fuel Moto Device.
An exhaust I planned on buying anyway, so why should I buy a fuel moto first, when I won't use it until I have both pieces anyway?
At that point I might as well drop from GB and just do it on my own time as I planned.
I must have missed something here... If you are addressing my post #116 through Chris, that was trying to simply assist you, I will address it directly, as I am completed confused by your post above.

"Flashing" would indeed be somewhat redundant to the Micro Programmer. Why you would think it would be "bigger improvement than the Fuel moto device", I really have no idea why you would think that? If you would like to explain why, with your "limited understanding", I'll be happy to address it. There are a whole list of pro/con reasons.

As far as why you are "kinda getting me annoyed now" - you received a recommendation. That's it. That's all. The decisions are ultimately yours. Your asking questions. Opinions, and hopefully helpful ones, are being suggested.

You are indeed saving even more money by purchasing the Micro Programmer, as there is an extra $25.00 discount. Whether you consider that to be on the Exhaust or Programmer, is somewhat a moot point (right?).

I extended you an offer of a 2 week extension. Your situation was compelling and I wanted to extend an offer of assistance. So far, to you and to you alone. If you are that annoyed at (exactly what I am still completely confused about...) anything to do with this GB, by all means drop out. I most definitely do not want anyone to feel like they are being pressured or disrespected on any aspect whatsoever of this GB. It's something that is supposed to be a good thing for the membership, that I do not do for any other forum.

Please feel free to PM me, if there is something I am missing here and/or I can be of assistance.
kbryant is offline   Reply With Quote