Old April 26th, 2014, 07:14 AM   #136
kbryant
Area P

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Too many to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsrTek View Post
Great info Kerry...much appreciated.

Thank you very much for that info, it seems everything I was thinking the ECU flash would be better for, really isn't.

Most of your Pros for the Fuel Moto, I was under impression those pertained to the ECU flash and not the Fuel Moto.
I was lead to believe the Fuel Moto method, was a work around fix, where the ECU flash is a direct fix. (Not sure that makes sense, but to my IT background it does).
My pleasure. IMHO - the Dynojet based tuning platform provides a "piggyback" method of adjustments that are extremely user friendly. We still consider it a "direct fix", without the possibilty of damaging the ECU and/or warranty.

The ECU flash, while being a cool thing, is very cumbersome and simply not very widely accepted yet. The "Flash" crowd is primarily keeping this "black magic" logic and data to themselves. So any changes have to be made by them in most cases. Someday, when they are more user friendly and have a far larger database of Mapping available, they may become a more viable option. But the one facet that will likely not change, is the broad-ranging possibility of voiding your warranty. It is completely common in the automotive market that a flash or any manipulation of the ECU, and the warranty if void. With the motorcycle industry, the level of sophistication is simply lower at this point at the dealership level. But, I have heard in many cases, if a dealership suspects and/or a regional manager an issue based on ECU issues, they can send it into to KMC for evaluation (and obviously it will be found then...).
kbryant is offline   Reply With Quote