View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2014, 01:47 AM   #27
auntymunga
ninjette.org member

Name: Samantha

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by evidens83 View Post
Wow looks pretty good. How well does the Plasti Dip finish hold up? What kind of prepwork to the plastics was involved?
Basically you don't need to do any prep work other than make sure it's clean. I took some goo off to clean off all the residue and then I gave it a good wash with a car cleaning shampoo that doesn't have a wax in it (I like Meguiars personally) Then once it's properly dry you just start spraying. You have to layer it properly and make sure each layer dries before applying the next layer to make sure it's done properly. (each layer takes 10-15 minutes to dry)

Wear and tear is actually pretty good. If I had done the painting last I would see no issues with it scratching or coming off even when using a power washer. However, I did this step first and then had to strip off all the covers like 3 or 4 times with having to find the coolant leak, installing all the additional mods etc so my tools did slip and scratch it. I'm ordering more plastidip and then I can just touch that up. That's another good thing that you can just touch up instead of having to do it all over again
auntymunga is offline   Reply With Quote