rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
Sooooooo, hi guys .

Usually I never have problems replacing my pads but for some reason on this day, everything just went down hill. I take the caliper off, take the pads out, push the pistons back, put new pads in and try to mount it. Hmm pistons aren't pushed back far enough, so I try pushing them further, no dice no matter how hard I try and even if I get them both all the way in at the same time they both pushed back out.

Soooo I had this brilliant idea of pulling the front brake lever to get the pistons all the way back out, except only one piston would come out all the way and the other was stuck at about 50%. Now, here is where my IQ jumps through the roof into the Genius level. I thought to myself, maybe if I just keep pulling the lever the other one will come out further.

Plop! The freaking piston that was out all the way falls out of the caliper and I quickly move the caliper away from everything and luckily the brake fluid only got on things that it won't damage.

So now I'm at the point where I got the piston back in and was able to push them both all the way in since the liquid had now released itself into the wild. I got the pads on and put the caliper back on the rotor and bolted it in.

Now the problem is since the brake fluid came out My brake lever no longer does anything aside from flop around, yay.... Which obviously is intentional when the fluid leaves the system. So I put more brake fluid in and tried doing a ghetto brake bleed to get the front brakes to function at least a little, no dice. That thing is still flopping around like it drank way too much Whiskey.

Help
I'm sorry but

we all have those moments of brilliance
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote