Thread: how many miles
View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2014, 02:04 PM   #26
mikromo
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 1970 Moto Guzzi Ambassador, 1999 Honda VFR800, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R, 2010 Kawasaki ninja 250 (sold)

My 2010 has 20,000 + and doesn't use a drop of oil, still runs like a scalded dog. Now this thread reminf=ds me of a funny story........

My best freind bought his 1st motorcycle, a 1974 Kawasaki S3 400cc Triple 2 stroke. We were both boy racers, and taking my advice we turned his fork legs around so the disc brake caliper was on the "back side" of the fork leg. The bike wasn't 2 weeks old when we did this. From this point on the speedo quit working and the odometer ran backwards. By the time he "moved up" and I bought the 400, the odo showed like 95,000 miles. I rode the bike to a Moto Guzzi rally a few years later, and was in line at the gas station waiting for this group of grzzeled old Guzzi touring bike riders to fill up and go. They are all talking about how many miles they have racked up on thier bikes, I think one guy had 60K on his. As he's talking, he glances back and see's me sitting on the 400. He points me out to his friends and say's "I bet this guy doesn't have 2500 miles on that ring a ding. He walks back to my bike to look at my ODO to confirm. You should have seen the look on his face when he saw 93,500 miles. I laughed and told him I hadn't even changed the rings yet.
I got a big kick out of that, for sure.
mikromo is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.