View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2014, 12:47 PM   #9
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Well even my father who is an experience rider (been riding all his life, something like 40 years) says the bike has a hesitation problem.

I'm not an overconfident rider by any means. I am very cautious and over think things often. I just felt a little more confident in my riding, I've probably logged about 6 total ride hours so I think that's enough to know very very basic things such as shifting into first.

I've been trying my absolute best trying to learn how to ride, watching videos, reading articles, listening to my father, etc. And I know I am no where near competent but I do believe 100% this is not user error, this is a fault of the bike. There is no reason at all that the bike should have a hesitation on the gas, I was pulling the throttle back in first gear and it was only going up slightly, very... very slightly (bouncing between 1.5k - 3k rpms before it stalled.) So it was reacting slightly to the gas, but once I tried giving it more gas it just died.

I'll run some carb cleaner and fill it with gas, I will have my dad ride it around for a while to get the stuff through the system and have him give his complete diagnostic of the problem.

I appreciate all the help guys Any other ideas please feel free to shoot me over some.