View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2014, 04:59 PM   #3
remix919
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Chen

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarhj View Post
How long did it sit between it starting with choke and it not starting? I'm assuming not long, from your post. First thought: how is the battery doing? If the battery is weak you could still get spark, but it could have some trouble actually starting.

Also, it's good practice to clean out the jets and the little transition circuit passages with some copper wire or nylon (not steel!) guitar string, since carb cleaner alone can't really get all the deposits off. If you haven't done that already, and if you do end up taking the carbs off again (and hopefully you won't have to), definitely give that a shot.
It only sat for maybe 30 minutes max, I put the fairings back on, dropped it from the stands, and then packed up everything and took all my tools and stuff inside, had a quick snack and then came right back out. I think the carbs must have been cleaned recently and maybe the guy didn't know, the carbs were spotless, no gunk whatsoever and I could see through the main pilot hole easily, nothing there. I've read about the battery issue but was hoping someone might have some other idea before I go buy another battery, also, if it was the battery, wouldn't it still be able to start when hooked up to a car's battery for awhile?
remix919 is offline   Reply With Quote