Old May 12th, 2014, 05:33 PM   #24
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Lemon View Post
honestly thats what i had going through my mind and what i thought i did.....until i saw the video and was soooooo wrong
next time you have a chance, take a step back and go what you feel "slow" but smooth... people say 70%. a lot of people think this is 70% of this completely unrealistic superbadass that everyone deep down thinks they are. and so they wind up riding more like 90%... don't worry about other people, just leave a bike or two passing room on the inside and outside. now while you're mid corner it will feel like you are just sitting there forever.... so while you're sitting there wondering how long it will take to finally reach that apex, you can think about what position your body is in... where is your torso pointed? you want your torso flat with your neck pointing foward. what is more aerodynamic, a long skinny tube thing, or a tall, flat chested board thing? if you keep the center of your chest always touching the gas tank, you know you're in reasonable aero, which is important on a 250. its easy to pop up for braking and then go back down from the back of the seat. if your chest is touching a part of the tank, it's much easier to understand where you are in relation to the bike... what part is it touching? is it touching the center? or is it touching the side? what part of your chest is touching the tank? the top of your chest? or are you sitting to far forward and you're kinda hunched over the chest with your nuts and gut in the tank? if you're too forward, your knees stick out the side and you wind up trying to grip the tank by using the inside of your thigh which winds up just sliding and giving no real support. but if you scoot your ass back farther you can grab the bike in the cup of your knee kinda which means you can just shove your heel onto the foot peg under the lever and it locks in quite nice. what about your hand positioning? your head position? etc etc etc. while you're in a corner, if you're just smoothly going along at a reasonable pace and not trying to go faster than you know you can without pushing anything you should have some left over brain power to be self critical with your riding style. it's easy to miss mistakes that you make when you're doing a hundred other things.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.