View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2014, 08:12 AM   #55
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
It's not that hard people, go ride a bicycle and bam you counter steering, it's like bending at the knees when walking, it just happens automatically. The reason it's explained so poorly is because everyone wants there to be some greater meaning to how it works so that if they learn this all important secret it'll magically make them a better rider. There nothing deep or special about counter steering or bending your knees so leave it alone, stop focusing on it and just ride and focus on more important things like brake & throttle control or body English. By the way if its body English in the English language does the mean it body French in the French language

Racing and riding motorcycle for 10 years from an amateur to world level and it wasn't till I retired and started street riding and visiting Moto forums that I first learned about counter steering. Kinda odd to think counter steering being so important to learn that its completly not mentioned in any level of racing I've competed in
It is why there are no great riders who did not start on a motorbike at a very young age. Us Johnny-come-latelies have to think about thing like that before it settles into muscle memory in a brain that is not as malleable as when you started.
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote