View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2014, 07:11 AM   #132
antiant
antiant

Name: antiant

Motorcycle(s): None

MOTM - Oct '14
@Alex - I did a comparison chart on the Garmin site with the 64, 64st, 62stc and 62st. I love the price of the 64, however you're not able to preload maps on that, nor can you use it for unit-to-unit transfer, which can share data wirelessly with similar units. As I was doing more reading, I also found out that between the 64 series and 62 series, they added a security feature to deter piracy of the maps (more info here: post 19). I won't say anything more on that, but just a general FYI to anyone interested.

I was leaning toward the 64st or the 62stc and here is what I found:

64st - 8 GB of internal memory, 5,000 waypoint, no camera, smart notification and live tracking w/use of your cell phone, Glonass, 250,000 preloaded geo caches, free 1 yr subscription to birds eye view.

62stc - 3.5 GB of internal memory, 2,000 waypoint, camera, no smart notification.

I can't think of anything else that I missed with those two units. Both are priced the same at $499.00 on Garmin's site. On Amazon there is a difference, with the 62 being cheaper.

I think I will go with the 64st, when I decide to pull the trigger on one. I really love that it has Glonass and more memory. Also, thanks for an informative thread on GPS.

Edit: Ok, now I'm looking at the Zumo 550, like the touch screen and easier GUI, ahhhhh decisions, decisions!

Last futzed with by antiant; May 18th, 2014 at 09:07 AM.
antiant is offline   Reply With Quote