View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2014, 04:33 PM   #17
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Autobahn Country Club is the closest track to you here. It is in Joliet, so it's about an hour, hour and a half drive from the city.

The main organization that runs there is Sportbike Track Time.

STT runs mandatory classroom sessions with their Novice groups and they divide their Novice group into groups based on riding experience. STT has spent a lot of time constantly improving their novice groups in an effort to make the transition from street to track a lot smoother and in an effort to keep you safe and aware. The first half of the day they run you through many drills and classroom sessions to introduce you to things you may not typically learn in street riding courses - throttle control, body position, line choice and most importantly to bring them all together, smooth is fast.

Throughout the first half of the day, you will be towed around by your coach (usually 5-8 riders per) following your peers and sometimes doing the leading. You will have the chance to work with your coach and ask all the questions/for all the criticisms you want and if you feel comfortable, they will let you loose on your own the second half of the day.

If nothing else, you will meet a ton of people in the same shoes as you and will be provided the opportunity to make some great friends and connections.

If you decide to ride with STT at Autobahn Country Club [ACC], I would suggest the North course!

This is pretty brief because I am posting from my work computer.. But if you're really interested in doing a track day, I have a spare suit for small peoples [38/48] and can help set your bike up for the track day [I live in Elgin]. You can also probably rideshare [trailer] with me or some other folks I know in the city.

My first trackday was on the Ninja 250 when I had maybe 5000 miles on my belt [though mostly highway] and I had an absolute blast. Maybe I'll fix my 250 and bring it then too!
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.