View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2014, 03:57 AM   #33
BoBO
ninjette.org guru

Name: Genesis

Motorcycle(s): SC28 Fireblade

I haven't done any track on my bike yet due to lack of time. However,you will know when you are ready to hit the tracks when you are:

1.Confident in yourself & your bike
2. Familiar with your bikes limits
3. able to lean your bike comfortably at a certain pace, while maintaining a comfortable and consistent body position.

Everyone has a different learning curve, some will feel good to go by... 1000 miles and some by 3000 miles. You should be ready to track by 5000 miles. It all depends on how much seat time you get on your bike.In general, if you ride everyday then you will improve faster than someone who rides only once a week.

As far as track gear, you need boots, gauntlet gloves, race suit, spine protector, and helmet. You have to be covered up. Some track orgs will require you to have health insurance, but other than that just prep the bike up. Going to the track is an amazing experience. I use to drive aggressively in the canyons on my miata, but the track is so much better. It's safer and you have a clearer mind, plus it's the responsible thing to do. If you can go with someone who has track experience, that would e even better. Post some pics after your track.
BoBO is offline   Reply With Quote