Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samer View Post
.........Now, we decide to roll on the throttle, i.e. increase speed. Without any input to the handles, it seems clear to me that the centrifugal force increases, again by the equation F = mV^2/r. It seems to me that this increase in force decreases the roll (lean) angle of the bike and vice versa. What am I missing here
You are not missing anything
Yes, this increase in force tends to decrease the roll (lean) angle of the bike.
If we don't balance the torques via re-adjusting the lean angle, the bike stands up.
We must force more lean angle to re-gain balance and keep turning.

The only purpose of the lean we induce via counter-steering is to counter-balance the tip-over torque of the centrifugal force times the height of the CG.
We precisely adjust the torque necessary to balance that tip over torque (as we constantly try keeping the balance of the bike).

That balancing torque is the weight times the off-center distance of the vertical projection of the CG.
Weight remains the same and the off-center distance or lean angle is all we have to play with.

Please, read this old thread:
https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=100964

Last futzed with by Motofool; May 25th, 2014 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Remove never answered question :(
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote