View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2014, 07:03 PM   #5629
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
well, I picked up finesse's totaled pregen yesterday and spent a good deal of time since then getting my hands filthy swapping parts and setting it up to my liking for the track/aggressive street riding

I disassembled the bike then took the frame from my old pregen and swapped pretty much everything over to it including but not limited to: the engine, the exhaust, the seat, some of the fairings, the rear turn signal package (integrated, very nice) the handlebars (for now) airbox, wheels w/new pirelli sport demon tires, the seat, etc.

Both bikes had damaged fairings here and there so I used the best from each so the bike looks like a black and green mess hahaha kinda looks cool but I think I'll add some green to the main black fairing to make it work a bit better or switch it out with a track front fairing.

Engine's running strong but there is a slight ticking noise at idle, it sounds like the cam chain tensioner but the previous owner specifically said that it wasn't so I'll need to look into it at some point to see if it's a potential problem down the line.

I only need 4 things before it's ready to hit the track and be street legal again down the line.
1. clip on bars to lower the bars
2. rearset adjuster to raise the pegs
3. shorter dogbones because I feel that the tail is too low
4. rear shock from a gsxr600 because the shocks I have for it are entirely too soft and vague
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote