View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2009, 07:25 AM   #1
zenxfour
ninjette.org member

Name: Fredie

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

I passed the MSF course!!

To be brief... I have always wanted to ride a bike... saw an accident and that put a chill in me and eventually lost interest. Beginning of May I just got the urge again and realized that accidents due happen, circumstances could be a number of things and thought.. "I've grown and am not a child anymore.." I did it all backwards though... put down a down payment on an 05 Suzuki GSX-R 600cc. Went to the shore and read forums regarding first rides and such and realized I was going to be in over my head. Sure I could learn on it, but a 600c bike is not one you want to make mistakes on which is essentially part of learning. Got my money back and decided that a 250 is a good start. Found a 2008 for 3K, 58 miles on it. (Couple got pregnant, riding career.. over.. lucky me). Bought the bike, rode a few times in a lot, took my permit test: Passed. Immediately logged on from work and registered for MSF. Got a spot as an alternate the following Thurs. Accepted. Some guy was late 20 mins... Just had the final class yesterday and I passed!! Hated the boxed u-turn but I did well enough on it and better on everything else. Licensed. Wanted to ride last night..but it rained.

This was a goal that I've wanted to accomplish for years. I did it all within 2 months. Yesterday marks the completion of that goal. I can't tell you how proud of myself I feel.
zenxfour is offline   Reply With Quote