View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2014, 05:52 AM   #4
Rifleman
Old and slow

Name: Lohman

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki TL1000R, Honda CBR600F3, Ninja 250

My son spent the summer in Creede, CO 8800ft

Now I'm going to throw some numbers at you, hope it doesn't put you to sleep. 30% of of say 60 horse power is 18 horse power 30% of 140 (a nice used GSX-750R) is 42 horse. So while the % is the same, the numbers are not. you are down to just over 40 horse, while the gixxer is still tickling 100.

Note I'm not hate'n on the 250, just saying it's light on the ponies to start out with and the Gix has a few extra in reserve.

Be ready, things that you just assumed were the case for all bikes, not so much. The 250 is about as agile and responsive to your inputs as you are ever going to get. you tell the bike to lean, it does, you tell it to stop... it does. That narrow rear tire and even more narrow front tire that just lay over at the slightest bar inputs... not so much when you go 190/70ZR17 and 120/65ZR17. Double the weight of the bike. suddenly the little whisper, "over here sweetie, lets go over here"... turns into a forceful, "THIS WAY... OH NO YOU Di'nt"

things don't just double when you double the horse power...they square, and sometimes cube...

and the "get you butt into trouble" rate, that is 2.2 x 10E4
Rifleman is offline   Reply With Quote