View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2014, 04:56 PM   #46
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I wasn't trying to argue when I first said that but I guess this forum never fails to excite.. I don't know if you guys are taking everything I say too seriously. I believe a loud exhaust will be helpful in conditions where one might not see you, it's a similar reason to why there is reflective and neon gear, it's so you make a better presence while riding if I'm not wrong. (I'm really not trying to be a smart ass, and since I'm still a fairly new rider I don't want to seem like one)

Horns are usually used when something bad is about to go down 2 seconds before.. you're not going down the street constantly hitting the horn while you ride all the time to avoid someone cutting into you're lane, are you? it will usually be used when that happens, too late sometimes.

I do agree our conditions vary a lot, I find my pipe to be useful in the city I live in where there are a lot of red lights / stop signs / and just usually generally crowded so I'm not going to deny it and it has probably helped people see me plenty of times where it could have been worse.
You can get a drivers licence even if you can not hear a thing. There is a sight test.
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote