View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2014, 11:35 PM   #3
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

I think we have an entirely different school of thought on the modification motivations involved with motorcycle modification.

I also think I have a 'new-gen' so I'm not sure our discussion is linear, but here I go.

With a pod filter, free flowing oversize exhaust, carb work, and the aerodynamic "tuck" of a skinny person with no other aerodynamic mods or changes from factory-stock-oem-trim, I average 56mpg. That's with 91 octane non-ethanol fuel.

I ride mostly at sea-level, which is obviously a contributing factor.

However, I modified my bike with different priorities in mind. I routinely take it to the track, and I demand everything the motorcycle can give me. I obey all traffic laws, but I accelerate to the speed limit from each stop at the quickest pace possible that the bike can provide.

I only notice fluctuations of 2mpg from drastic changes in riding style. That is to say, the worst will usually be 54mpg, and the best will be 58mpg.

What do you think the best way to get a better gas mileage out of my motorcycle is?

Congrats on the record, that must be full-turtle-mode acceleration from stop signs and absolute-maximum-cruising-speed through turns on the interstate.