View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2014, 06:32 PM   #35
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post
Started in Go jin ryu Okinawan Karate when I lived in Okinawa (3 years), and also studied kendo/kenjitsu there.

When I got back to the states, I did Manchurian kempo for about 4 years. Extremely varied martial style, much like jujitsu, with grappling, throws, strikes, and some weapons. Got back into it in the 90s with tae kwon do, and did get my black belt in that in 2001. I did a lot of teaching, and was actually co-instructor a good part of that time. I wouldn't mind doing that again, but for now, I just work out on the heavy bag.
As long as you're doing something, that's what matters. I'm off for a run in a bit..

Sounds like you would be a pretty dangerous fellow to tangle with. I always liked the meditational aspect of the arts, seems to clear the mind and steady the will -- brings about a mental clarity, not to mention an air of "If you act in ways that displease me, I am capable of bashing you until you see things from my perspective" >.<

(Come to the dark side, it's better over here... I promise.)