View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2014, 05:19 PM   #14
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

I respectfully disagree.

Force of will is a skill, just like anything else.

Some people aren't just "born" with big muscles. They lift heavy weights and DO WORK and that's how the body reacts -- it becomes stronger.

Some people aren't just "born" to be intelligent -- They study, read, learn, ask questions, and TEACH THEM SELF how to be intelligent.

Ever been afraid of doing something? You have two options -- do it, face the fear, realize it's just mental and it's an irrational belief that you hold for whatever arbitrary reason --- OR --- not do it, let the fear become more powerful, and probably rationalize why you shouldn't do it, why you can't do it, or maybe even convince yourself that you're just incapable of doing it, that way you don't have to face the very real fact that you are, in fact, WEAK.

This is the same argument with obesity and fat people. I should bite my lip because I hold some very unpopular viewpoints that happen to TRUE. "I'm fat and it's not my fault. I'm fat because of genetics, thyroid problem, I'm unable to exercise because I have to work. I'm fat because one million ufcking reasons that have nothing to do with me and are totally out of my control. It's not my fault."

Being fat is not complicated. Carbs in, carbs out. Thermodynamics. You consume more energy than you use, therefore your body stores it. That's the scientific method of action behind being fat.

Given, we all process that energy and some of us store more of it than others -- but this is ENTIRELY inconsequential in the face of absolute FACT --- You are fat because you are weak. You lack the self control/force-of-will to control your calorie intake.

But things can be justified and rationalized however a human pleases. That is human nature.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect. I can do some things that terrify others without hesitation -- but other things frighten me just as much as the next person.)

Force of will is just like a muscle -- taking 'right action' -- the more you do it, that which you know to be correct, the stronger your ability becomes. Over time, hesitation vanishes, because you simply do what you know to be correct.

Picture firefighters running into a burning building to save a family... Personally I'd rather do something other than running into a burning building, but over time, they have learned that skill and how to perform it without hesitation.

Force of will is a skill that is consciously created, practiced, and strengthened.