View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2014, 10:27 PM   #1
CaptainPlatypus
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '86 Honda VFR700

2001 EX250 race bike for sale (socal)

As you can see in the accident thread if you haven't, my 250 got totaled by insurance recently. There was no mechanical damage, so I decided to buy her back to sell to someone who could get some more use out of her.

The bad first:
  • Salvage certificate
  • No fairings (all beyond repair)
  • No mirrors or blinkers
  • Significant cosmetic damage to right side exhaust
  • Slightly dented tank
  • one plastic instrument panel attachment broken

And now the good:
  • Perfect running condition - engine, carbs, electrical, everything
  • No frame damage
  • Fluids, valves, etc - full service done within the past 4 months
  • Tires are Pirelli MT75s with only about 1500 miles on them

As is she's pretty much ready to be a track bike - pull/cover the remaining lights, superglue or remove the instrument panel, throw some race plastics on if that's your jam, you're done. Alternatively, all she needs to get back into the DMV system as street legal is front blinkers and mirrors. The paperwork I've heard mixed things about - either it's a major headache or a joke. I just don't want to have to worry about it.

I'm not really sure how much she's worth like this. I got her back from insurance for $200 because they were worried the front forks were bent - they were just twisted a bit where they met the triple clamps. Two minutes sorted that. I'm asking for $500 - if you don't think that's a reasonable price, let me know what would be. I care a lot more that she gets used (even if you beat the **** out of her learning to drag knee/elbow/ear and retire her the next day) than I do about making a profit.

She was good to me. Help me find a home for her.
CaptainPlatypus is offline   Reply With Quote