Thread: Photography!
View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #145
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

Alright, finally developed the film I shot with my Minolta 7000AF. Was just regular old Kodak Gold 400. Got a few good shots, but most were just making sure it metered correctly and didn't leak.

Standard sunset shot from a moving vehicle.

I particularly like this shot. (Obviously) a black Hearse (Morris-Meteor Cadillac Brougham) shot at night under a street lamp at the mortuary (it's okay bro, I work there), and the fluorescent light gave it a real warm, but very evil, look. Unfortunately it's a 4x6 print scan, not a negative scan. I'm still having trouble getting the Epson to scan 35mm negatives.

And now for my super secret camera. A Mamiya C33 Professional TLR with 80mm f/2.8 Sekor lens. Using it is definitely a change from from a regular SLR. Waistlevel viewfinder, and the image is reversed, so you have to fiddle with it to get it level and framed the way you want, because your brain just can't deal. Also weird shooting a 1:1 aspect, instead of a 4:3 aspect. There are a few shots I wasn't able to scan because the negative holder is pretty basic, and the negative wasn't completely flat in there. I'll see what I can do.

My woman loves this car, and it's there every cruise night. A nice completely original beige color.

He's here every cruise night as well. Hard to get any other angles because there's cars parked in every stall.

Another standard car angle. Surprised how sharp a lens from the 70s can be.

Too bad I was so awkward trying to frame up this shot. I'll figure out how I can do it better, and try to get the plane completely in the frame. :P