View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2014, 09:18 AM   #71
Flying
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
Technically while I have owned a car I have only used it on rare occasion within the last year. You don't really need one though there are definitely points where you really want to have one, like when it's snowing and you're riding through roads that haven't even been plowed yet in first gear trying to stay at that magical speed where you're moving quickly enough to not get stuck but slow enough to where you can easily control a rear end slide or stop. Life lesson, if you think your brakes suck in the rain they're useless in the snow.
Last winter was a BITCH. I didn't mind having frozen hands, but the havoc a few mm of snow can cause was terrifying. I found the trick was to forget first, stay in second or third gear and use the clutch to keep the revs just above lugging while maintaining speed.

Then there were those seemingly clear days on the highway when the weather decided to suddenly say "fk you" and start snowing, forcing one to either be blinded by your visor or ice hitting your eyes at 55+.

i swear to god once i invent snow tires for motorbikes....
Flying is offline   Reply With Quote