View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2014, 11:32 PM   #13
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Crf 150R, 2011 Hypermotard 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post

if you're going to track a duc why not at least throw on some track day fairings?
In all honesty. Because I thought I had enough self control to not go super crazy. I never planned on crashing it.

Here is what happened. I got invited to this event because my friend broke his hand and couldn't go. It was with Pacific track time. They often have racers in their track days and so everyone is pretty fast.

I rode in B group and the first session I was blowing by people. After I got comfortable I was getting the rear loose on a couple corner entries and carrying decent corner speed. It really boosted my confidence and hit my ego. I was by far the fastest guy in the group. So with all that going on I was just full of pure testorone and I was going pretty huge right out of the gate. I was dragging knee in turn 3 and I felt like I was going to slow for the corner. I poured on the gas thinking since I'm going slow I can be more liberal with the throttle. Now that my head is clearer I know I tucked the front but I'm wondering if the rear started to give way too. I low sided without any kind of warning right after the apex.

I'm getting cozy with the 848. It's great on the brakes, it feels nice and stable on its side, and it's pretty quick in stock form that if I started rolling on the throttle before the guy in front of me it didn't matter if it was a 1000 or 600 i would be able to drag race them and show a wheel and stuff him. That's what my problem was today. I was being very unlike myself and being hyper aggressive.
CycleCam303 is offline   Reply With Quote