Thread: Fitness!
View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2014, 12:42 AM   #133
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

allano yeah GTFO of my thread plz. Thanks. k. bye. tkx.

Did anyone lift anything heavy today? Anyone tire them self out? If so, good work! You probably did more than most people do in a week.

I should start some social media campaign to get people to stop being lazy, but it would never work.

Instead, I have this thread.

Lifting is good because it teaches you how to control your brain. Everyone has a little voice in the back of their head that talks to them all the time. It's a narrator, it captions your life. This voice is not always helpful, and usually gives you the wrong advice. Sadly, most people don't listen to this voice enough. It's the voice that makes you think, if you let it. Thinking is not always good, but sometimes it can make you smarter.

"You" are not the physical body you inhabit. 'You' are not the clothing you wear or the stuff you own; 'you' are not your hands, your feet, your arms, your legs. You are the silent observer of the mind. You are the quiet place behind your eyes.

There are a thousand religions and equally as many literary works attempting to describe this phenomenon -- I'm not trying to discuss the 'spirit' or 'god' or any of that religious bullisht.

What I am talking about is indisputed scientific fact. When you exert yourself, when you ask more of your body than it is used to providing, you hear a voice. It tells you to stop, it tells you to relax, it tells you to sit down, catch your breath, to rest, to nap, to ask for help, to do something else, to set a date and decide to do it later, to stop, to quit.

Fitness is about meeting this voice. Seeing it, hearing it, feeling it, and realizing that it doesn't have your best interest at heart.

If you don't believe me, try it for yourself. Go find something heavy, and lift it up and put it down. Your body will complain, tell you to stop lifting the weight. It will tell you to go find a machine that will lift the weight for you. Your mind will feed you a thousand excuses as to why you shouldn't lift the heavy object again. That voice is not your friend.

Your brain operates at a much higher speed than your body does. Your brain feeds millions of thoughts per second into your body, and for 99% of the world's population, the body controls the mind. When things get hard, you don't do them.

Working out is all about overcoming that self-imposed limitation.

Go do what you should've done yesterday, and become stronger as a result.

Turn on some good music, make a plan, and get it done.

A better life is waiting.