View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2014, 08:32 PM   #35
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post
Because when you post things on the internet, people heckle you. Then when you tell them to go away, their dick gets hard for your attention, and they heckle you more. Then when you threaten them, they band together and form a mob. Then it's you against the mob.

And dealing with negativity gets tiring.

Sick of the criticism from those basement dwellers who have never even done an oil change before, let alone blue-print a motor from the ground up and custom fabricated parts because they simply weren't available.

Why would I pay 30 bucks a year so I could log in and find 9 negative comments for every 1 positive comment?

If you google "How to remove b series cylinder head" -- I'm the number one link. I don't do any of that SEO or PPC or any kind of marketing. At. All. Ever. I put together a quality piece of work, and posted it for the sole purpose of helping others.

Yet, weekly -- I get negative incoherent emails 'i red ur gyde, gud stuf.. bt how do i rmve 14m blt undr the 17 aftr ps pump cum off? cnnt gt a rnch on it, u shld mke ur gyde bttr cuz nw im stck an no idea wut 2 do?!'

If every viewer donated one cent, the images would be online. Yet, they would rather bitch about this and moan about that. I took my gloves off and refused to play a long time ago.

arguing on the internet is competing in the special olympics.. even if you do win, you're still retarded.
You have to realize that if someone reads your guide and enjoys it and likes it 19/20 times they don't have an account to e-mail you and say "hey good job!" I mean, even if they did, most times they don't bother thanking.

I've been into the youtube scene for years so I know what I'm talking about. It's annoying when you get 1,000 views on a video that generates roughly 40 comments and within those 40, 10-15 are negative/neutral. But those 40 comments only make up less than 5% of the total views. So you ARE helping people, it's just a thankless job.

You should re-upload the images, because it is important to help people. Like I've always said, if you can just help one person then you made the world a better place and it sounds like you've helped lots of people.

Does it cost money to have those pictures uploaded? If no, then why even consider charging people? Free, open source knowledge is very useful, it's what holds me together. Without it I would be taking my bike and car to the mechanic for every tiny little thing.

Take of it what you will, I'm not trying to tell you what to do. But remember it's better to make the world a better place and deal with a few people then just hide. That's how you let these haters/losers win. You-can't-let-it-get-to-you.