View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2014, 12:03 PM   #17
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Joe View Post
If you don't have a service manual, this link will give you all the guidance you will need. http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/How_do_..._the_valves%3F As far as where to get feeler gauges, any auto parts store will have them as well as Sears, Lowes, Fastenal or your nearest industrial supply house. Don't buy the bent tip feeler gauges that are sold as tappet gauges or some such thing, most of those do not have the thinner sizes you need to adjust the valves on a 250 Ninja. You shouldn't need any gaskets unless your Ninja has a ton of miles. Just be patient and take your time, there is not a lot of room in the top of the head if your hands are large. I say be patient because the adjuster screw will want to tighten down when you tighten up the locknut. just observe what is happening and make a correction, I found that I had to set the clearance looser than I wanted then it would tighten up as the locknut was tightened. I think I will be buying the Kawasaki valve adjustment tool before I do the valves again. I took the radiator entirely out, just because I wanted to wash it out to remove the mud and bugs.

Joe
Well, his is a 2011, which is notably harder.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote