Thread: New Addition
View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2014, 07:39 AM   #1
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

New Addition

I still have my Ninja 250 and I probably always will. I've ridden liter bikes, 600's and everything in between and nothing comes close to comparing to these little bikes.

But however... Doesn't mean I won't add to the collection.

Introducing: 2003 Suzuki DR-Z400SM.

It's a piece of junk, I'll give you that. I'm not too worried about it though as she will be super shiny before long.

The back story: My business partner and I have been buying up bikes, fixing and selling them. Unfortunately he's been keeping a couple of the bikes so I can't sell them. Either way he ended up keeping a 2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S. He wanted some 17" wheels to do a motard conversion so he put me on the lookout. So I found this '03 DR-Z400SM for LESS than the price of new wheels and guess what? It included them.

So I go to pick this bike up thinking it was a regular DR-Z400. I was shocked to find out it was an SM. The owner had no idea what he had so I didn't tell him.

Brought it back to the shop for my partner to look over. I hadn't told him yet that I had decided to keep it on the basis of "lost revenue opportunity" because he kept some of the bikes I was to fix and sell. A few minutes of pouty eyes and shame let him know what my plan was.

Essentially I got this bike for free as in I had no money out of pocket. She needs some parts and that will add up to about $400 and of course a lot of labor. Still trying to decide on a paint scheme. I'm thinking black and gold or black and pink.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sumo1.jpg (56.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg sumo2.jpg (150.7 KB, 64 views)
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.