View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2014, 01:07 AM   #16
PHMCS
Phoenix Salvage

Name: Mac

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250R

When I got mine, the left tank bracket bolt was sheared off as well, while the other snapped as I was attempting to loosen it. I've just resigned myself to the fact that while I love my bike, kawasaki uses some of the worst fasteners on earth for the 250.

I unbolted the bracket from the frame and managed to work out the broken half with some pliers and a bit of wd40 in an effort to avoid drilling it. If it has any sticking out of the bottom of the bolt hole, it may be worth a shot.

If you haven't replaced it in a few weeks, let me know, and I'll likely have a few replacement bolt kits in stock.

I don't think there was a single bolt on my bike that wasn't stripped to the point of uselessness, or rusted to the point of crumbling, so I finally snapped myself and replaced the tank bracket and fuel filler cap with forged titanium bolts for their anti-corrosion properties. Horrible investment yes, but almost two years later they still look brand new despite being constantly exposed to the elements and being taken on and off a hundred times. In retrospect, stainless would've done the same thing, but I wanted to do something nice for her.