Thread: i built a car
View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2014, 10:39 PM   #58
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Very nice progress.

I did some more tuning on my JRSC b20v water/meth injection CRX yesterday. Slowly leaning out the fuel mixture and dialing in more aggressive spark advance. This thing is beastly. I had to call it quits when a light rain moved in... I was datalogging 4th gear pulls to redline and the car kept breaking the front wheels loose on the tarmac when VTEC kicked in. It's scary when you're suddenly spinning both tires at 90+ mph and you still have 3k rpm until redline.. Atleast the quaife locks up hard and pulls in a straight line.

I recommend a quaife if you're looking for a LSD, which you should be. The quaife's are superior to the m-factory units based on my research and testing experience.

And some very very wide low profile sticky tires. My setup is limited in the traction department as I cannot stuff anything bigger/wider under the fenders without having to raise the car another inch and re-adjust camber etc. 205/65/16 are a little narrow for my taste but I've got an 1/8th inch of clearance to the frame in the front, and an 1/8th inch of clearance between tire and trailing arm in the rear.

Your project looks like fun. Too bad you can't make that thing street legal..