View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2014, 03:13 AM   #284
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

#1: Found the problem with the 999s clutch. Totally my fault (Duc ran awesome and I was the slow piece). I removed the light weight clutch basket and installed a stock steel basket just before the track day. I wanted the heavier basket for smoother throttle and less engine braking at the track. I ran out of loc tite and time so I torqued the large nut that holds the clutch hub but skipped the loc tite and the nut loosened up during my final run! Lesson learned, I was unable to down shift from fourth (125-130mph) at the end of the front straight for turn 1. Could have been really bad but I made it thru! No real damage other than the clutch cover (I have 4) and the little cups that hold down the springs for the clutch scraped against the cover so the cups and the bolts thru the cups are worn (slightly) and should be replaces (I also have many of these parts). I am so lucky to have two Ducs and all the clutch parts are inter changeable. I am also lucky I did not crash, Stupid first time track rider mistake!

#2: My wife and I would like to formally thank Andrew, Chris and Jade for making our first trip to the track more fun than we could have ever hoped for! Your advice, support and fellowship (could not think of a more appropriate word) made us all feel welcome and made the entire trip much, much more enjoyable. THANK YOU ALL! My father was especially impressed with how neighborly and helpful the three of you (and everyone else we met) were and he was surprised we had just formally met the day before. I have to mention Chris' daughter Jade, She was an absolute joy and was a lovely, happy little woman who added hours of entertainment with her boundless energy and picture taking. We were also very glad to meet Jay and his group and they were just as nice and friendly as everyone else and I wish we had more time to get to talk. We will be at the next session of TTD@ Thompson but will just be watching and not riding. Hope to see many of you there again.

#3: We had several friends and family visit us while at the track, since we live so close. Everyone was very friendly to them and more then one has expressed interest in coming back for future trips. My wife is planning on doing a track day next year and we should all begin planning (if you are interested in doing this together again) for next year. My father was so impressed with the environment and energy he is considering coming with us! We are in for next year (cant do another day this year) so lets get our ducks (pun) in a row and make this happen again!

PS: My wife said you guys can come shower at our house next time if you want!
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.