Thread: Mid-Ohio v3
View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2014, 09:21 PM   #155
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
I ordered a pizza in turn 5 while riding my 250, it was waiting on me in turn 7....

In order to bump to I, you will have to ride in the fastest group in N and do well. Here is what you do...

Focus and take advantage of the school part day 1 and see where you land at the end of the day. I can hint you on the big items the control riders are looking for;
You can commit and hold your line
You don't hammer the straights and camp the corners (flow...)
You can pass and not freak out when getting passed
You observe passing rules and make clean passes

(unique to mid-o)
You gotta pin it on the back straight - Todd (track manager) will react to other riders and the safety coordinator if the closing speeds are too great at the end of the back straight (turn 7). For example, on my r6 I will be pushing 165mph down there at the 500ft braking marker. If your only going 80mph or less at that same point, they will keep you in N until you can hold near 100 at 500ft.

I will be watching and taking photos from different parts of the course, if your ready... I will do what I can for ya.

And... the weekday track days do thin it out a bit yes but it also brings out the more hardcore riders.

It's gunna be a good time!!!!
damn, dominoes really stepped up their delivery times

so they have different groups in N based off of speed? at shenny N group was sort of a cluster of riders heading on the track whenever in whatever order. For having 40 people + control riders on the track at once it was pretty disorganized.

thank you for the heads up on what to look for, part 2 is pretty easy on a 250...you hammer the straights and it doesn't really do much. Luckily the first order of business (clean lines) is already on my list of things to work on.

That's good that there won't be too much traffic, last time had 45-50 riders on the track at once counting the control riders and it was pretty crazy how often you'd come across another bike. I loved the last session of the day partly because there were only 6 people on the track and we were for the most part staying together as a group (until the damned back straight, luckily the corner exiting the back straight at shenny is my favorite on the track)