Old August 1st, 2014, 10:04 PM   #338
algs26
ninjette.org guru

Name: al

Motorcycle(s): ex300, gave up looking for a 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiant View Post

Edit:
Sorry, I got back to you so late, but I did not forget! I've tested the vest out a couple of times, so far I'm not that happy. It isn't bulky at all, it fits rather nicely. It doesn't get as cool as I expected. I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong with the water filling or not. I may have to keep trying. As an alternative, I've been soaking my LDCcomfort t-shirt, then putting the vest over that. Then it keeps my gear dry, etc. I did notice that on the sides of the vest, there is extra slack/room, so it doesn't have body contact/shirt contact. I noticed that when I cinched the sides I could feel the cooling effect much more because it had body/shirt contact. Maybe it's just not a good fit for me because I'm too skinny? I will keep testing it and report back if it improves.
Oh well, I guess.

I got a Bilt cooling vest but it doesn't fit under my "race" leather jacket. I'm thinking about picking up a BMW one as it looks less bulky. Track day coming up is going to be near 100.

I does dampen whatever you wear underneath. Since I always under armour type shirts, it's not annoying. Also the outside was kind of slimy the first time you wet it.
algs26 is offline   Reply With Quote