View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2014, 11:25 AM   #30
Baron
Urban Legend

Name: Baron

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE - Circe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakaru View Post
I wasn't told this directly, but my insurance company really wanted the contact info for the security company. It'd be in their best interests to get that information, so I'm assuming they're on it :P
Talk directly to the supervisor since all other guards/security officers need his permission to give the footage. You'll be saving yourself some time.
Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
if the plate is visible moving across the picture at least a few pixels you can use fancy algorithms to interpolate based on the data from the movement. they do it a lot for photos from space
While that is true, security cameras used in most places don't have enough resolution to begin with. If you try to do to much, you end up with a pixelated mess since digital zoom can only go so far. Playing with the contrast, saturation and brightness may help but only to a certain extent.

As strange as it may sound, security camera's are more of deterrent in many places. Given the low end cameras many businesses use to save money, their main purpose shifts from catching someone to just proving that something happened.

Again I don't know what cameras they are using but if they said that the resolution was "too low to make out the license plate", you can pretty much assume that you won't be able to do much even if you get the footage; But this is what I think is the case given the experience I have with security systems and I very well could be wrong.