View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2014, 09:45 AM   #11
jgcable
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Ninja 250r

That's the problem I was having with my Honda Superhawk litre bike. Unless I was on the highway I could rarely get that bike out of 2nd gear. It was almost like riding an automatic.

On my 250 I can almost get into 4th gear between traffic lights.

One guy came up to me in the parking lot at Stop and Shop and he asked me how I liked my bike and commented on how nice the green color is on it.
He also asked what size it was because it looked small. I gave him the story. He told me his first bike was a Honda 250 but it was too light, too small and it got blown all over the place on the highway. It was also underpowered for highway riding. I explained to him what the difference between that 250 and the Ninja 250r is. He told me he rides big bikes and I told him my big bikes are at home and I always find myself on this one unless my wife wants to go for a ride or I am going on a road trip.
What I told him was this. This bike is plenty fast for anywhere in Connecticut, it really doesn't get blown around much on the highway, it handles beautiful, it stops great, its very dependable and easy to work on and I am getting over 50mpg and the best thing is I can shift it like an indy car around town and it just loves it. It also cost next to nothing to buy and next to nothing to insure. Best part.. its my favorite color. Lime Green. He left saying maybe he should pick one up. Yep...
jgcable is offline   Reply With Quote