View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2014, 08:23 PM   #6
hawkxcore
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ZX750F

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
I bought the exact same bike brand new in 1987. Hit a deer on the interstate with it at about 4000 mi and got another of the exact same one in early 1988 that I owned until about 2000.

The red/white paint scheme still looks nice to me.

I used mine for sport riding and did a 2000 mi trip with it. Still one of my favorite bikes.

Bring it back to life!
Working hard on it! I'll make you proud ;-) Although... The red and white color scheme will be nowhere to be found.

There were some issues with the title, but after fighting with the DMV a few times, we're finally in the clear. It's in my name, and I'm not sure why, but the title shows it as a one owner vehicle.

I haven't gone any further with the tank repair tonight. I found a bubble in the paint and decided to knock it down with some 80 grit. Unfortunately, as suspected, there's a small hole. Luckily the Por 15 kit comes with repair strips. I just need to get it done by tomorrow night so it has time to cure before paint on Tuesday.

I kinda accidentally forgot that tomorrow is not only my daughter's birthday, it's also my wedding anniversary. Sooo I don't think much will be getting accomplished this weekend after all.

I'm glad that your community is welcoming me so far. Can't wait to ride this thing!
hawkxcore is offline   Reply With Quote