View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2014, 02:51 PM   #21
Ninjinsky
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250, Yamaha RS200 (classic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike1020 View Post
@Ninjinsky

Private setting doesn't prevent government from tracking your browsing and other online activities. So please dont do anything of any significance online expecting that to even provide any semblance of anonymity.

The US has been tracking vehicles using license plate scanning cameras for years and years now.

We have cameras at just about every major intersection in the US.

Stop light cameras, traffic cameras... facial recognition cameras in most major airports and border crossings.

The technology is developed to a point at which all they need to do is find a way to effectively coordinate their resources. If they can accomplish that then there will be now challenging the control over the populations.

Much of this control is creating a culture that is easy to control.

Either way browse responsibly.
Yep I am responsible don't worry its just that I discovered that when you 'clear' your history it doesn't clear the SQlite ? database and that all my site visits for several years back along with frecency scores and such. were still sitting there when I thought they were clear to hand the machine down through the family.
It even keeps them if you remove the firefox program and reinstall it.
I couldn't remove the health concern info,(all OK now btw no worries ) surgery site visits and such that I wouldn't want them (or their geeky boyfriends) to find.

Another interesting program to run, especially on a secondhand computer, is Piriform Recuva in deep scan mode.
https://www.piriform.com/recuva

It takes half an hour or so but I've known it pull up whole photo albums and document folders on supposedly cleaned s/h machines.
Worth running on your own machine just for the heck of it, you will be surprised what it finds.

Last futzed with by Ninjinsky; August 18th, 2014 at 01:32 AM.
Ninjinsky is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.