View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2014, 12:41 PM   #1
OCMagnum
ninjette.org member

Name: OC

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750, 2012 Ducati Monster 696 (sold), 2012 Ninja 250 (sold)

Ducati Hypermotard 821 vs. Aprilia Dorsoduro 750

Hi Guys,

With a heavy heart, I have put up my Monster 696 for sale (created a thread in Marketplace if you want details). Have owned her for just about 18 months and close to 9500 miles of today (still ride her until she sells). Awesome bike and the sound of the Termi's is fantastic. Unfortunately I have pretty bum knees from too much football (or soccer here) in my youth and had several surgeries that are catching up with me. So I decided that I am going to sell my baby and get something with a less sporty seating position, but still offering the fun factor and agility.

Have pretty much settled on either a Ducati Hypermotard 821 or an Aprilia Dorsoduro 750. Took test rides on both and the Dorso is a tad more comfortable, but the Hyper is the newer platform with a stronger engine. Frankly I think the Dorso has plenty of power for my use (commute and weekend fun rides), so I don't care too much for the extra 20hp or so that the Ducati offers, but there is certainly also a bit of different of how the power comes in coming out of a corner, making the HM an intoxicating option.

Reason to post here is to see if any of you guys had ridden one (or both?) of these models and get your impression on them. Don't think you can go too wrong with either one of them, but I always value input from fellow riders.

Cheers!
OCMagnum is offline   Reply With Quote