View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2014, 11:30 AM   #24
Rifleman
Old and slow

Name: Lohman

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki TL1000R, Honda CBR600F3, Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
i've gone by busas in techy corners that were already dragging hard parts and i'm just like cruising along not even at practice speed... they are drag bikes... if you want to go fast in a straight line... great...
Hopefully I just enjoy the arm snapping yank that 1000+ cc's provide with out being accused of compensating...

the main deal with a Busa vs a Ninja 250 is tire width. The liter bikes need a bigger foot print, and thus a wider tire, to put all that horse power to the ground. Not sure if people know this but the rear tire contact patch with the ground is about the size of one male tennis shoe... the wider the tire the more difficult to lean the bike (often called "turning") The TL is on a 190, busa is a 190 or 200, even a 210 The Ninja 250 is on a 130, that is why it's so agile and quick to respond... you tell it to lean over, it does.

What you will find is that the 125 and 250 class is more about the pilot then about the engineering and horse power... pilot mistakes are amplified because a loss of momentum can't be made up for by a little flick of the wrist.

I guess... maybe what this all boils down to is respect thing...

I respect anyone who has the spine to throw a leg over, grip, and rip. From the Vespa to the V-max, Gear up and lets go, we can argue about it later over beer

As we say over at ZX-10R.net... ok, ok, I get it, you have a big penis, I have a big penis. Alex over there, OMG... HUGE penis... now lets go ride.
Rifleman is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.