View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2014, 08:38 AM   #1
Ninja Bob
Certified Slacker

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R SE

Cool Had a little too much fun.

Was out late last night enjoying the empty streets. Really carving up the curves my area has to offer. Rolling on the throttle, workin that counter steer. Fun stuff. Eventually I decided I was gonna go to iHop and have some chicken and waffles. Came up to the intersection, ready to cut into this left turn. There was one of those center islands that hide the lane I was supposed to be going into. Didn't realize it until I was about half way through the turn and had to adjust on the fly. After I corrected my trajectory, and went to finish the turn, the bike went into a low side. I don't know if it was because I came in hot and had to adjust last second or what. I don't recall feeling like I hit any gravel or anything. Bike didn't stall. Guess I grabbed the clutch as I went down. Quickly picked it up and put it in neutral. Did a quick once over and got out of there because I saw some cops standing outside the iHop and didn't feel like getting hit with a reckless driving ticket or something.

The damage was minimal to both me and the bike. My left foot got the brunt of the bike's weight. So it's pretty sore, but nothing's broken or swollen.

As for the bike: Scraped faring, clutch lever, bar end, and passenger peg. Busted blinker. (Excuse to finally get some flush-mounts.) Cosmetically the bike did pretty good thanks to my foot and possibly the passenger peg.

Lastly, one major problem. All visible damage is minimal, but I did the no hands test and the bike tugs left. Forks seem straight and undamaged. Frame seems untouched. Any advice?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140824_102142.jpg (160.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20140824_102201.jpg (161.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20140824_102205.jpg (137.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20140824_102232.jpg (220.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 20140824_102241.jpg (150.9 KB, 10 views)