View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2009, 05:01 PM   #14
ScorpionNinja
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Yellow jackets SWARMED all over my '08 CP Blue last Fall. Every day I'd walk out and find about 10-20 of them angrily buzzing all around it. They weren't a problem in Summer, leading me to believe that they were attracted to the color later in the year when their diet/behavior changes. Perhaps something else is attracting them to our bikes.

Heh... I had an ant problem a a few days after buying the bike... they were going up under my passenger seat for something.
If i remb right, Bees and attracted to colors of RED, ORANGE, YELLOW the most! they think its a GIANT FLOWER! lol

Well you might be able to rid them by spraying some wasp killer onto a RAG, and...
(with your bike clear of bees, being parked in a good spot and ENGINE COOLED OFF)
Wipe the wasp killer soaked Rag ...(Ortho brand) ... onto the inner areas of your fairings, places bees like to try and make nests at!

NOT on the outter surface, but like where you would fix up LED lights around the Engine area underneath.

Ive done this, cuz i park my Nate in a Shed, that has bees and wasps buzzin around looking for places to nest. it seems to work, as ive YET to find a NEST built onto my Nate!
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote