View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2014, 09:50 AM   #15
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advincula View Post
That's actually pretty good advice. I usually do the basic maintenance myself (chain lube, oil change, fluids check) but i've never had to do a full inspection. I've been looking closer at the DIY's and I might be able to do it slowly.

Thanks for your advice!
I've done stupid amounts of research on valves, I own both the owner's manual and service manual, it is VERY vague on how to do the valves, also there is not a single video reference video on how to do it for the newgens and to be honest, there isn't even a decent write up either (there is one but imo it's sloppy) I've studied the valves countless times on pregen videos and it's just not the same...

Seriously, don't listen to anyone on here telling you valves are easy and it will just take a day or two, they're simply wrong. It might be easy FOR THEM but not for someone like you or I who have little to no experience. You will have to remove a butt load of stuff, then you have to buy feeler gauges, a micro meter, shims, all that will run you roughly $50, then you have to go into the dirty of actually doing it which is hard as hell and you run a HUGE risk of damaging the engine...

You can get a kawi dealer to do it for $250, honestly... it's the way to go...