Old September 11th, 2014, 09:35 AM   #33
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentbad View Post
Had there been a light there would he have died?
You seriously making that argument? Had somene thrown a box of crayons at him as he left, it would have delayed him enough that he wouldn't have hit that car and he wouldn't have died.

Also: people die all the time at traffic lights; especially at intersections.

The problem was his riding and the cager's driving. They very sadly experienced the consequences of their poor decisions. Like @corksil said. They're both operating very dangerous machinery akin to a fire arm. They didn't perform the minimum necessary steps to ensure safe operation of that machinery. I wouldn't have been hit at that junction even if I passed it every day at rush hour. I make sure I'm going slow enough passing junctions like that, so I have time to stop if someone pulls out. I bring up my speed as soon as I've passed the junction.

If the control freaks put traffic lights up, all that will happen is poor drivers will kill/hurt themselves and others when they blow a red because they thought they'd make it or they didn't even notice it was red. The additional effect is that I will get higher fuel bills, stopping and starting, I'll get more frustration in my otherwise enjoyable riding and more of my time each day will be wasted.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote